“Mama, a Rainbow" as heard on Everything is Beautiful
music Larry Grossman lyric Hal Hackady
performance Jim Nabors
Because it’s always worth listening to the Jim Nabors version.
PS: I found this interesting tidbit on Wikipedia:
An urban legend maintains that Nabors married Rock Hudson in the 1970s. In fact, the two were never more than friends. According to Hudson, the legend originated with a group of “middle-aged homosexuals who live in Huntington Beach” who sent out joke invitations for their annual get-together. One year, the group invited its members to witness “the marriage of Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors,” at which Hudson would take the surname of Nabors’ most famous character, Gomer Pyle, becoming “Rock Pyle.” Those who failed to get the joke spread the rumor. As a result, Nabors and Hudson were rarely, if ever, seen again in public with each other, out of fear that this would feed the false rumor.
- sick-twist-of-pomegranate likes this
- burlyblueonion reblogged this from me2ism
- driveintheaterofthemind reblogged this from me2ism
- somethingbypuccini likes this
- me2ism reblogged this from me2ism and added:
- king-dinosaur likes this
- mayoknave reblogged this from me2ism
- itsdlevy likes this
- ink-piss likes this
- throughtosomethingnew likes this